Remove this ad

Lead

Dec 20 12 11:03 PM

Tags : :

I just wonder how Neil Young will cope next year should Chester be promoted as he will have to sign a squad before the transfer window closesand then he will not have the opportunity to sign again till January unlike the revolving door policy at the present,  just wondered what others thought?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#3 [url]

Dec 20 12 11:53 PM

Igoeverwhere! How dare you mention this on this section of the forum and the man that got us promotion too.... tut tut hang your head in same you should be banned from every forum world wide over .

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Dec 21 12 5:48 AM

I just wonder how Neil Young will cope next year should Chester be promoted as he will have to sign a squad before the transfer window closes and then he will not have the opportunity to sign again till January unlike the revolving door policy at the present,  just wondered what others thought?

-igoeverywhere

When Chester do get promoted, it could have a knock on effect to a club like ourselves who has benefited from the quantity of players that have gone through the Deva doors, especially if Young decides to go with a small squad. Denson and the like, will not be at the Bernabay next season if he remains a Chester player as they will not have the squad numbers to have players farmed out on loan

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Dec 21 12 8:48 AM

Youngy is fundamentally one of the good guys in football - when at the Bay he would always talk to us after the match, about the game, players etc.  He did a great job for us, he is now doing a great job for Chester so good luck and all the best to Neil, his family and Gary (if he's reading this which I doubt).  I'm sure most Chester fans realise they've got a couple of decent blokes there.

The point of interest for me about Chester is that I read somewhere their break even gate is 2,500, which, if true,  they are well short of.  If any Chester fans reading this (which I doubt again), can confirm this or otherwise.

BTW - This forum is getting increasingly difficult to log onto. 

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Dec 21 12 12:50 PM

The point of interest for me about Chester is that I read somewhere their break even gate is 2,500, which, if true,  they are well short of.  If any Chester fans reading this (which I doubt again), can confirm this or otherwise.

-aholden

Their last accounts showed a big jump in turnover however they went from a profit of £107k the year before to a loss of £3k, mainly due to a massive hike in the wage bill.  That wage bill has no doubt increased again this year so it looks like they're starting to overstretch themselves, which would explain why they couldn't afford to keep Denno.

http://www.theshaymen.net/ipb/index.php?/topic/3412-chester-fc-accounts/

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help