Remove this ad

#61 [url]

Apr 16 13 8:39 PM

Great half by Colwyn Bay, what a pity about that mis-headed own goal right at the end.
Brackley likely to come out with all guns blazing  now in the second half and the Bay will have to stay strong - but they look capable of scoring more goals themselves if they can get the ball to Shelton Payne a bit more often.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#62 [url]

Apr 16 13 8:49 PM

Blast from past here. Just had a chat with Lloyd Conaway who lives down in this part of the world now. Anybody remember him at the Bay? He also played cricket for Colwyn Bay.
 He passes on his good wishes to everyone that remembers him.

Quote    Reply   

#63 [url]

Apr 16 13 8:51 PM

Lloyd says Brackley are well below their best tonight - but I am sure they will up their game in the second half. They need a point to secure their play-off place.

Quote    Reply   

#67 [url]

Apr 16 13 8:56 PM

I remember Lloyd very well. I used to edit Colwyn council's newspaper for a few years, so met him a lot. He was always a top guy, along with James Alexander Barr - RIP - who was a good friend in the 60s and taught my lads to play tennis. Good days! Thanks for your fine efforts tonight, hope you'll have good news to report!

Quote    Reply   

#68 [url]

Apr 16 13 8:56 PM

We did play Eastwood on the last day a few seasons back, but that was to get into the playoffs under Finley. We lost that game, but Stocksbridge Park Steels lost against Rossendale, meant we got into the playoffs and they didn't.Was amazing as we didn't know until the last minute that Rossendale beat SPS. A massive chant of "Ross-sen-dale!" rang around the ground :DI believe Finley gave the team a proper bollocking straight after the game!

-rhyswynne

Ahh yeah that was it! Well remembered, Rhys! Kinda similar circumstances in that our fate was decided right at the end of the season

From the office of Seagull-Kev

Quote    Reply   

#70 [url]

Apr 16 13 8:59 PM

Big escape for the Bay. Deep cross beats Danny Taylor, but Winters totally mishits his shot and Smyth clears off the line.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#76 [url]

Apr 16 13 9:04 PM

Cross into the box by Evans picks out JAMIE ELLISON.  The ball bounces up and hits his hand, but the referee allows him to turn and hit a shot across the keeper and just inside the far post on 55 minutes to put the Bay 3-1 up.
 Home fans furious, but the goal stands.

Quote    Reply   

#80 [url]

Apr 16 13 9:07 PM

I believe all of a sudden!

**COME ON THE BAY**

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help