Remove this ad

#141 [url]

Apr 20 13 5:36 PM

Other things that could affect results:-

- The playoffs are now secure, so neither Bradford nor Gainsborough can make the playoffs.
- Gloucester City (as pointed out by a few of their fans to me) are playing their under 18's. Their bench today contained their manager and coach (who I believe is the oldest person to play football at this level).
- Histon's opponents on Tuesday - Solihull Moors - are joint second in the form table. We're top :).
- We still have to play bloody Prestatyn! I know it's poor form, but what's the penalty if we forfeit it?

It'd be nice to get things dusted off by Tuesday evening. Give Prestatyn a game then join Gloucester in fancy dress. Something says it won't be though.

We are in the driving seat, and there's daylight.

IN FRANK WE TRUST

COME ON THE BAY!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#143 [url]

Apr 20 13 6:01 PM

A BIG WELL DONE TO FRANK AND THE LADS!!!!!

Thanks also to Timmy C for the updates, safe journey all.....

What can I say, I'm speechless.... It's a fantastic result to get 4 wins on the bounce in eight days, but even after all that there is still so much left to do. The fantastic effort the boys have put in so far will have to continue to make sure we do it in our own hands. If were not clear by Tuesday night I can make myself available for wedswink 

Might even have to make the trip on Monday now too.....

SEEEAGUUUULS

Quote    Reply   

#144 [url]

Apr 20 13 7:13 PM

We still have to play bloody Prestatyn! I know it's poor form, but what's the penalty if we forfeit it?

-rhyswynne

I'm available to play against Prestatyn on Wednesday!!

Great result today!

Quote    Reply   

#147 [url]

Apr 20 13 8:39 PM

If the Bay don't play the  Prestatyn match they can get fined up to £75 plus other charges from council.

-theboyinclaretandblue

Other charges from the council? Not so sure about that TBH!

Quote    Reply   

#149 [url]

Apr 20 13 10:26 PM

League is more important. Play any fringe players and tell them priority is 'no injuries and fitness for Saturday'

Like I said earlier, if we are safe by Wednesday, then let's go for it, otherwise, save all key players for the weekend.

Quote    Reply   

#150 [url]

Apr 20 13 10:33 PM

- Histon's opponents on Tuesday - Solihull Moors - are joint second in the form table. We're top :).

-rhyswynne

Interestingly, if you look at form over the last 4 games, Gainsborough, Brackley and Workington have each won three out of their last four, with their only defeats coming against us.  Oxford City have also only lost one in 4, although they did draw a couple.  Proof, if it were needed, that we're not just winning games against teams who have given up on their seasons.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#151 [url]

Apr 20 13 11:01 PM

how did histon get away without being deducted points as far as i am aware any other team who has failed to fullfill a fixture has been docked points???

Quote    Reply   

#153 [url]

Apr 21 13 12:02 AM

COME ON YOU GULLS! What an incredible week it's been for Frank and all the team, playing wonderful football again, you've got to stay up. Celebrate with my little tribute on [url]

-philhwdog

Nice little song =P You record that?

Quote    Reply   

#155 [url]

Apr 21 13 10:39 AM

how did histon get away without being deducted points as far as i am aware any other team who has failed to fullfill a fixture has been docked points???

-scott

It's an interesting one and Tim or MarkW know better than me but Hinckley recently had a 3 point deduction for non fulfilment of a fixture.  This makes me wonder if a team finishes one or two points below Histon in a relegation place, they could theoretically put in an appeal on the grounds that Histon should also have been deducted 3 points for the same offence.

Hopefully it won't come to that  for us, but either way what Frank and the team have done in the last 4 games is a fantastic achievement.

Quote    Reply   

#157 [url]

Apr 21 13 11:47 AM

Good coverage, with photos of Hoppo after his goal,  in the Non-League paper today.

-timc

Did I read that they were making it 'Game of the day'? I don't normally buy a copy,but I just might today

Quote    Reply   

#159 [url]

Apr 21 13 3:22 PM

Right ive sobered up and come to my senses and just read through this thread. Bloody chuffed to bits after yesterdays result. Big win tomorow now hopefully and we are flying. I beleive we can do it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help