Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 21 13 4:17 PM

Tags : :

Match updates from Bradford on Monday night on this thread all being well.
 Gaz Evans remains a big doubt with an injured foot, but everybody else should be available.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Apr 21 13 6:23 PM

I read a report of BPA's game yesterday and they only had three subs named, one of which had to come on after twenty something minutes, so it sounds like they're another club running out of fit players.  Hopefully they'll be struggling to play a full strength team tomorrow (but at the same time hopefully some of those missing players will make it back in time for the weekend when they play Histon!).

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Apr 22 13 12:08 AM

Won't Hoppo be able to sit out the Prestatyn game? Who will play up front for Hoppo on the last game? Some rearrangement to be done. I think the town of Colwyn Bay should give Mr Sinclair the freedom of the town for all the hard work he and the boys have done. That would be a worthwhile gesture in my opinion. Hope tomorrow night goes well in Bradford. R  E  S  P  E  C  T. SSSSEEEEEEAAAAAGGGGGUUULLLLSSSSSSS !!!!!!!!

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Apr 22 13 9:26 AM

Hopefully we'll finish the job off tonight so it won't matter if Hoppo is missing on Saturday.  Having said that Payne and Ellison have been scoring for fun recently so hopefully we won't miss Hoppo as much as we might have done earlier in the season.

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Apr 22 13 1:15 PM

A win tonight and i reckon we've cracked it.

-swanseajack

No complacency from me! The flip side is that if we don't win, and Histon win on Tuesday, we are right back in trouble. There's a lot of football to play before the fat lady starts to sing.

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Apr 22 13 1:27 PM

Still trying to work out if I can make it up to Bratfurd after work. Seagulls! Seagulls!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Apr 22 13 2:10 PM

Still trying to work out if I can make it up to Bradford after work. Seagulls! Seagulls!

-mr8kc

I definitely can't, but I have managed to get my Saturday switched so I am off next weekend.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Apr 22 13 3:53 PM

Gents, this is Colwyn Bay!

You can guarentee that we will not win tonight then be down by 2 on Saturday and looking doomed. We will then snatch a famous 2 all draw while teams around lose meaning we are safe and the stands sing about Gainsboro etc for helping us out!!

We never do it the easy way, although a certain Mr Hoppo enjoyed his recent trips to Bradford and scored a hattrick in a great performance. I would love a repeat of that as if it happens, we are all but safe in my eyes too!!

**COME ON THE BAY**

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Apr 22 13 4:30 PM

Gents, this is Colwyn Bay!
You can guarentee that we will not win tonight then be down by 2 on Saturday and looking doomed. We will then snatch a famous 2 all draw while teams around lose meaning we are safe and the stands sing about Gainsboro etc for helping us out!!

-jpd1606

That's entirely plausible but I'd much rather be able to sit back and enjoy the game on Saturday without having to keep checking the other scores on my phone every two minutes.  BPA should be deflated after their playoff hopes ended on Saturday and they also seem to short of players at present so let's take advantage and go and finish our part of the job tonight, and then support Solihull tomorrow!

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Apr 22 13 4:39 PM

That's entirely plausible but I'd much rather be able to sit back and enjoy the game on Saturday without having to keep checking the other scores on my phone every two minutes.  BPA should be deflated after their playoff hopes ended on Saturday and they also seem to short of players at present so let's take advantage and go and finish our part of the job tonight, and then support Solihull tomorrow!

-fatandy

Same as Workington then? ;)

So many times in my time supporting the Bay there have been games where teams have "nothing to play for" end up beating us. Fact is we need to be hungry and take the game to BPA. It'll be tough, but one more win and we will be in a great position to enjoy Wednesday, Saturday, especially if Histon lose tomorrow.

I'm sure Frank knows that, and the players know that, but the work done in the last week won't be enough if we don't cross the line.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Apr 22 13 5:08 PM

I'm working tonight but I 'm lucky that I get updates from various sources. If we play as well as we did on Saturday then our fate remains in our hands. I do agree beware the team with nothing to play for. Come on the Bay.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Apr 22 13 5:10 PM

To say we are struggling with injuries is like saying we'll be having a couple of beers on Saturday! :)
We only had 3 players available on Saturday that would usually start, and 5 or 6 teenagers (3 of which most had never even heard of) That said, they gave their all and almost held on for a point against a desperately poor Corby side. With the confidence your side must have after their recent run, I genuinely can't see you dropping points on the last day. I just hope you win tonight, and other results go your way meaning you are safe before the weekend. It'll be hard to party watching you lot going through untold agonies as the game is played. (Unless you are 4-0 up in 30 mins again and can chill out!) Good luck tonight, and see you Saturday! (And make sure there's plenty of cider chilled) :D

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Apr 22 13 5:20 PM

To say we are struggling with injuries is like saying we'll be having a couple of beers on Saturday! :)We only had 3 players available on Saturday that would usually start, and 5 or 6 teenagers (3 of which most had never even heard of) That said, they gave their all and almost held on for a point against a desperately poor Corby side. With the confidence your side must have after their recent run, I genuinely can't see you dropping points on the last day. I just hope you win tonight, and other results go your way meaning you are safe before the weekend. It'll be hard to party watching you lot going through untold agonies as the game is played. (Unless you are 4-0 up in 30 mins again and can chill out!) Good luck tonight, and see you Saturday! (And make sure there's plenty of cider chilled) :D

-daveangel

Thanks Dave. Looks like a few Bay folk are joining the 'fancy dress party' so lets hope we can have a few pints after the game with smiles all round.
Bradfords take on tonight's match. I hate it when opponents make it sound easy, it often comes back to bite you on the ass!

'Our opponents are still in the danger zone but their recent form would suggest that they should avoid the drop. In fact a victory in this fixture will ensure that does not happen and allow them a stress free last fixture of the season. The glut of matches is finally taking its toll on the Avenue's small squad. We may be struggling to put out a competitive team for this game. It would be a shame not to finish the season with two home victories and take that 6th position. We will have to see what fate awaits us. This is going to be a tough fixture. I am expecting Colwyn Bay to give us a real run for our money. Avenue may have to dig deep to grind out a result. Could it be a day for our Assistant manager, Mark Hume?'

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help