Remove this ad

Lead

May 2 12 9:39 PM

Tags : :

Professional comedian John Martin has asked me to put something of the forum as he is very keen to help raise further funds for the club.
 John was at the Gloucester game, describing the new stand as "awesome", and wants to support and help Bob and the team by arranging some fund-raising events which are really needed  if the club are to pay for the ground improvements and be in a stronger financial position to invest in the team next season.
  John says he wants to guage what sort of events people would support, would buy tickets for and be able to spread the word to get more ticket sales.
 He has made a few suggestions below and is asking for comments on those or any other ideas people may have:
 John's inigtial suggestions are:

A Golf Day
 Liverpool Laughter Show with 3 Liverpool Comedians
 Sports Dinner with Speaker and Comedian
 A Darts Evening with Former World Champion Keith Deller
 John giving a serious talk about his new book, The Mirror Caught The Sun 
 A show with John Martin and a a female singer

But he says if anyone can come up with other idieas he would be delighted to take them on board and see what he can arrange.
 He can't do Thursdays, Fridays or Saturdays due work commitments and says other entertainers would also be more expensive on those nights, so he also asks for suggestions on what the best alternative night would be.
 Is it possible people could vote on one of the above or give any other suggestions? 

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

May 5 12 2:17 PM

I think a well advertised quiz night could be fantastic and personally I'd be more inclined to pay money for something and take part rather than sit and watch something. Perhaps even if a quiz night was tried and it was popular it could become a monthly thing?

I think its Northwich Vics who have an annual beer festival which seems to be quite popular, I'm not sure where you'd start to get something like that at the club but that would be great and perhaps tie it in with a band playing?

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

May 6 12 1:51 PM

I simply don't have the time these days to do it, but I think i've mentioned it to one or two on the supporters' fundraising group.  I've got 250 numbered corks and until a couple of season's ago did a cork race down the Beach Road stream.  Pepple kindly donated prizes and my daughters, Mrs Cartwright and I sold each cork at £2 a pop,.  These corks are now in my attic and i'm quite happy to give them to the supporters group or anyone who wishes to continue this particular fundraiser..

With regards to John Martin's excellent  ideas these are what floats the boat of myself and one or two others I've spoken to.
No 1)  Liverpool laughter night, believe me the next day your intercostal muscles (google it), will be hurting from all the laughing you will do.
no 2) John and a singer, if it's a quality singer doing classy stuff, which would be the only kind of singer John would work with then yeah, that would do me. 

Please let's not forget we must continue to fundraise for our great club, this club could be on the verge of great things but to do that we need a ground to go with it otherwise we are scuppered. 

Other's thought's please.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

May 6 12 2:29 PM

If I could just throw an idea in.Some supporters will know Paul "Shrewsbury Town" Richards, he has offered to do a wine "Talk and Tasting" at the club all he would require is the price of the wine, his time he has offered for free I could chuck a few sandwiches on and then we could maybe charge something like £7.50 a ticket. Anyone who attended the previous one would surely have enjoyed it.Possibly we could tie it in with a race night or something similar.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

May 6 12 8:20 PM

A beer festival would be a great idea & I know that Ian Saunders the Chairman of CAMRA is a seagulls fan so would probably be happy to get behind it.

There are a number of local breweries that would probably welcome the chance to support their local club & spread the joy of their produce to a wider audience - this could prove a hit if run on a good summer day with a BBQ during the pre-season to tie in with a friendly fixture or round-robin cup competition for local teams?

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

May 6 12 10:00 PM

A beer festival would be a great idea & I know that Ian Saunders the Chairman of CAMRA is a seagulls fan so would probably be happy to get behind it.
There are a number of local breweries that would probably welcome the chance to support their local club & spread the joy of their produce to a wider audience - this could prove a hit if run on a good summer day with a BBQ during the pre-season to tie in with a friendly fixture or round-robin cup competition for local teams?

-barryspex

Beer, football and Barbecue? Count me in :)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help